Man-made Quartz stone is a contemporary building material that’s making waves in the home improvement scene. If you’re in the market for new countertops, engineered quartz should be one of your first choices.
- High Durability
- Engineered quartz is made by mixing quartz chips or powder with resin to create an incredibly strong material. Natural quartz is already incredibly durable and heat-resistant; when mixed with resin, it becomes nearly invulnerable. Your engineered quartz countertops will be able to handle hard hits, hot pans, and anything else your kitchen can throw at them.
- Low Maintenance
- Engineered quartz is easy to clean and takes almost no effort to maintain. Unlike granite, marble, or quartzite, engineered quartz does not need to be sealed on a regular basis. The resin used to bind the stone acts as a permanent sealing agent that locks out moisture. This results in a non-porous surface that won’t absorb moisture or harbor bacteria. Stains and spills won’t be a problem; just clean your quartz counter with normal soap and warm water. As with any stone counter, you will
- want to avoid using vinegar, bleach, or other corrosive cleaning agents.
- Varied Appearance
- Engineered quartz countertops come in a wide variety of possible colors and patterns. The appearance of the stone is determined by the type of quartz used and the color of the resin. Counters made with chipped quartz will have visible stone gems that sparkle in the light. If you choose counters made from quartz powder, you’ll get a smooth and translucent pattern that looks like crystal.
- Green Impact
- Engineered quartz is an environmentally-friendly option that makes use of recycled materials from the stoneworking industry. The ground quartz used to make the counters is often sourced from unused pieces of natural stone that are too small to be cut into an entire counter or tile. Engineered quartz gives these loose scraps a new life and reduced the environmental impact of quarrying all across the globe.
- Affordable Price
- If you’re looking for stone counters, quartz is one of the most affordable choices on the market. This material is typically cheaper than granite or marble while still being significantly more durable and attractive than the plastic counters you might buy at a home improvement store. Quartz counters are an excellent way to add a bit of luxury to your home without spending too much of your remodeling budget.
CCT Natural Designs offers design, fabrication, and installation services for engineered quartz, granite, and quartzite counters. Contact us to discuss adding beautiful man-made quartz to your kitchen design.