Our talented designers are able to interpret your project requirements precisely and then translate them into a practical and workable solution, using an endless selection of the highest quality natural stone available. Our expert fabricators are then able to accurately create your vision using their years of experience and today’s latest technology.
Since their relatively new inception, quartz countertops have been increasing in popularity. Quartz has the natural look and feel of other stone countertops but without drawbacks, like easy chipping or a limited color palette.
Because of its durability, beautiful appearance, and low maintenance, quartz can be the final piece you need to bring your dream kitchen to life.
Quartz is an engineered stone. If you’ve heard this, you may think that it’s not a natural material. However, quartz countertops come from natural quartz stones, processed with other materials to create the counter slabs you see.
Countertops made of quartz usually utilize 90 percent natural quartz mixed with other materials to increase hardiness and variety. The final product has the appearance of natural stone but is overall more durable.
Thanks to the engineering process, there is more variation in color scheme (based on the materials used) than other natural stones. Quartz can also appear to be smoother instead of the random veining you’ll find in unaltered stone.
Quartz is a natural material, but as an engineered stone, it comes with a lot of pros compared to its alternatives:
– Extreme durability: You don’t have to worry about protecting your countertops. Instead, you can use your kitchen like the living room it is.
– Modern and sleek appearance: The engineered stone tends to have a cleaner look than granite or marble, which can have a ton more natural variation.
– Low porosity: It won’t absorb spills and show stains. This also makes it much easier to keep clean.
– Low maintenance: Usually, resealing natural stone needs to be done once per year, but you should check this information for your specific stone.
– Variety: There is a wide range of colors available in quartz compared to other natural stones like granite. Quartz can come in shades of cream, pink, blue, and earthy tones. CCT Natural Stone offers over 200 quartz countertop styles to match your taste and color scheme, no matter how light, dark, or colorful.
– Easy matching: It’s unlikely that you’ll need repairs, but if you do, it is easier to repair (or add onto) a quartz countertop than a natural stone. Color or pattern matching your exact slab of granite or marble from the quarry is much more difficult than pulling the same pattern of quartz from the manufacturer.
There are very few drawbacks to choosing quartz for your kitchen or bathroom counters. But it’s always good to have an understanding of what you’re buying.
While quartz is extremely durable overall, it can be vulnerable to heat damage. Be sure to use trivets when placing hot cookware or other hot items onto a quartz counter. If you are using it as a bathroom counter, you shouldn’t leave hot items, like hair curlers, on it for too long.
This is very subjective, but you might find quartz to be too contemporary. While some view the uniformity and modern look as a benefit, it may not be what you expected from a natural stone. Some people will prefer the natural and varied look of marble or granite.
Be aware of your budget. Price will change depending on the size of your remodel and the style of quartz that you choose. You can get a free estimate from CCT Natural Stone Designs to help plan your project.
If you’re doing a full remodel, you can design your room around the counter you choose. We can also help you match your current design or plans for your remodel. If you already know what look you want, we can help you pick out the right quartz counter.
If you think a quartz counter is the right choice for you, browse our collection, and find something that matches your style. You’ll see that there is a wide range of hues and textures available. There are smooth options, slightly textured looks, and more natural-looking patterns.
The colors on our website are only a sampling of the most popular quartz options. We have over 200 colors available through our stone suppliers. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, contact us and tell us what you would like. We would be happy to source something that matches your vision. CCT Natural Stone Designs can also provide you with a free quote for your project.