When it comes to choosing and installing a countertop, most people probably think, How hard can it be? The answer: Hard. Surprisingly hard.
Odd angles, ventilation problems, and electrical components are all possible installation challenges that can get in the way of you and your dream countertop. If you install the wrong countertop, severe damage can occur.
That is why it’s worth your time and money to hire a countertop contractor.
Although there are many benefits in hiring a countertop contractor, the negatives of the experience should also gain some consideration. For a few people, hiring a countertop contractor may not be the best option.
Here are some of the benefits that a countertop contractor can bring to your project.
– Quality Results – Many people have an idea of their dream countertop. Sometimes their vision can be too big to make into a reality. Under these circumstances, a contractor helps a whole lot!
With a countertop contractor, you will have great results that would have been beyond your own DIY countertop skills.
– Time-Effective – Nothing is more discouraging than seeing your half-finished project walk into the kitchen every day but knowing that it won’t get done since you lack the time.
Hiring a professional to come into your home to work on the countertop regularly means that the countertop project will finish efficiently on your timeline.
– Expert Advice – As mentioned previously, many things can go wrong when installing a countertop. An experienced countertop contractor can prevent these problems from happening in the first place and solve the issues as they come up.
Despite all of the positives hiring a countertop contractor can bring, here are some negatives worth considering.
– Strangers in Your Home – It is a fairly common practice for specialists to enter your home to fix or install something. Some people may not be comfortable allowing a stranger into their home, especially if you aren’t there at the time.
– Cost – Choosing to hire a countertop contractor can take a chunk out of your wallet. Whether the quality of the project is worth the price is up to you.
– Work Conflicts – If you are stuck on a particular vision for your countertop and your contractor doesn’t necessarily agree 100 percent on that vision, issues can arise.
Ideally, you and your contractor should work together to make your countertop vision a reality, but this is not always the case.
Finding a quality countertop contractor doesn’t have to be rocket science. One of the ways to find a good contractor can be through family or friends who have had a good experience with the contractor.
Searching for countertop contractors online can also be an excellent place to start. Many contractors will have a photo album of their work so you can see if they would be a good fit.
Once you’ve found some countertop contractors, the next step will be choosing one. The best method would be to interview each contractor, get your price estimates, and choose based on that.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when hiring a countertop contractor:
– Look for Responsiveness – If something goes wrong with the project or you are having problems with the contractor, you must find a company that will listen to your concerns and take action.
– Trust Client Opinions – When choosing a contractor, don’t underestimate the power of client reviews. Even if their rates are breathtakingly low and their portfolio looks great, taking real-life experiences that clients have had should be more important than the other factors.
– Ask Questions – Does the company have any subcontractors involved? What is the anticipated timeline for the project? These are the types of important questions to ask right off the bat when choosing a contractor.
– Be Upfront – Being upfront and straightforward with your countertop contractor will give them a better idea of working with you best. Remember that countertop projects should be a team effort to help you thrive when working with a contractor.
Working with a trusted countertop contractor can give you the mental security you need to have a low-stress countertop installation experience. Keep these tips and tricks in your mind to help you choose the best contractor for your needs.
By taking the time to find the best countertop contractor near you, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying your dream countertop in no time.