Benefits of Using Granite as a Kitchen Countertop Material
Granite countertops have been all the rage since the 1980s. As the years have passed, granite countertops have become cheaper than ever; today, customers can choose from countless different styles at a range of affordable prices.
Fashion aside, there’s a reason granite counters have a home in so many kitchens. The features of this natural stone make it the perfect choice for cooking, cleaning, and improving your kitchen design.
- Great for Cooking
- Granite is a non-porous and heat-resistant material. It doesn’t stain, chip, or crack under pressure. All of these features are absolutely essential for a kitchen countertop, where knives and brightly-colored sauces tend to run rampant.
- The non-porous nature of granite prevents bacteria from building up over time. Although you still need to sanitize granite surfaces, you can expect them to remain bacteria-free and safe for the preparation of food.
- Easy to Maintain
- If you have granite counters in your kitchen, you’ve probably noticed that they never seem to lose their shine. Granite is one of the lowest-maintenance types of natural stone. Compare it to marble, which stains and scratches extremely easily.
- Maintaining a granite countertop is as simple as cleaning it with the right products. Avoid abrasive cleaners or scratch pads, as these could scratch that smooth and polished surface. Instead, clean your granite counter with mild soap and a soft cloth. You can also use an antibacterial cleaner intended for natural stone.
- Durable and Long-Lasting
Once they’ve been polished and sealed, granite countertops can last indefinitely. They almost never wear down – and if they do, they can be repaired with a fresh polishing and another coat of sealant.
If you install granite countertops in your home, there’s a good chance that they’ll still be there for several generations. This natural stone won’t crack, regardless of what your kids – or their kids – decide to do to it.
- Adds Value to Your Home
- Because granite is so popular, it’s widely recognized as a valuable addition to your home. Houses with granite countertops tend to sell more quickly and may fetch a higher price tag.
Obviously, increasing your home value isn’t as simple as adding the right materials and making an instant sale. But if you install granite countertops for cooking, you can expect to recoup your investment whenever you finally decide to move.
Granite is a durable and versatile material that makes a great addition to any kitchen. Choose your favorite color or pattern, and enjoy having heat-resistant counters that will last for years to come.
Quality, Ingenuity and Selection
Our talented designers are able to interpret your project requirements precisely and then translate them into a practical and workable solution, using an endless selection of the highest quality natural stone available. Our expert fabricators are then able to accurately create your vision using their years of experience and today’s latest technology.